Tom Yum Noodles Recipe มาม่าผัดต้มยำ
Updated: May 6
Tom Yum Gung is one of the most famous Thai dishes, even the Tom Yum Gung instant noodle is extremely popular amongst foreigners. Mama Tom Yum Gung is a staple pantry product for Thais. People, Thais and foreigners alike, usually have Mama Tom Yum Gung as a hot soup version, and many of you may have had that. However, if you weren't raised in Thailand or haven't lived there long enough, you may not have had the stir-fried version of the tom yum gung instant noodle. And if you haven't, I am so excited to introduce Stir-Fried Tom Yum Noodles or Mama Pad Tom Yum มาม่าผัดต้มยำ to you. It is one of my absolute favorite dishes growing up.
Most people might eat this dish at the end of the month, because it's a cheap and satisfying meal. I consider it a delicacy, however, because it's so comforting and a blessing for the tummy. I don't eat it all the time because of the stigma that comes with instant noodles, all that sodium and MSG goodness (yum!)
Note: If you're good with flavoring already and don't like to use MSG, you don't have to use the seasonings. However, I recommend that you try it (unless you're allergic to MSG that is.)
- Your choice of meat: Ground Pork/ Turkey/ Chicken/ Tofu
- Your choice of veggies: Cabbage/ Bok Choi / Chinese Flowering Cabbage or the likes
- Cooking Oil
- fish ball/ sausage
Without further adieu, let's get cooking!
1. Get all the seasonings out from Tom Yum Gung Instant noodle (MAMA Brand) มาม่าต้มยำ packages into a bowl. Put aside.
2. Quickly boil the noodles and veggies (here I am using Chinese Flowering Cabbage.) Put aside. Don't cook it completely since we will stir fry it later.
3. Brown the meat with garlic ( I like to use ground pork or turkey.)
4. Fry eggs and let them cook a bit. (Here I also added a bit of chopped up fish balls.)
5. Put in the noodles then the veggies. Stir the eggs a little bit so it cooks a little more evenly.
6. Stir fry everything together and spreading the eggs around evenly.
7. Put in the seasonings from Tom Yum Gung Instant noodle (MAMA Brand) and mix well.
Since it's instant noodle, even if you're not a good cook (I know I am very mediocre lol) chances are it will still be delicious. Try it. Who knows it might end up being one of your quick and easy go-to menus. Please let me know how you like it or if you have had this dish!
Hi, I'm Ketsiree Tury. Let's Connect!
Foodie | Blogger | Content Strategist
I blog about affordable family-fun, food & travel around the Sunshine State 🌅 & Beyond ☕🥐🌸🍵
Bangkok bred. Orlando based. The original blogger of Direct Bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap: Step-by-Step Journey.
Facebook: Land of the Raising Sons
Instagram: Land of the Raising Sons
Pinterest: Land of the Raising Sons
Amazon Store: Land of the Raising Sons