- KETSIREE TURY
Stir-Fried Chicken and Wax Peppers Recipe ไก่ผัดพริกหยวก
This stir-fried chicken with Wax Peppers is another everyday common dish in Bangkok. Although the type of peppers used in Thailand is slightly different, the heat level and texture are very similar to Hungarian Wax peppers. This dish is extremely easy to make, doesn't require many ingredients, and it would be just as authentic as if it was made in Thailand. This dish reminds me of Mexican Chicken Fajitas, and now I just figured out why I like to order it. You can use a mix of bell peppers if you can't eat spicy food, or if you're making a dish for the kids.
The aroma of stir-fried wax peppers with the onion and their natural sweetness makes the dish one of my favorites. Let's check out the ingredients and start cooking this delicious weekday quick menu! : )
- 500 g chicken or pork or hard tofu (cut into small pieces.)
- 2-3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3 Hungarian Wax Peppers (Use bell peppers if you don't like the heat.)
- Half an onion
- 1 tablespoon of Fish Sauce - 1 tablespoon of Thai Thin Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons Thai Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Your choice of mushroom
- Fried egg
0. Make yourself a drink and turn on a #goodvibesonly playlist.
1. Cut up chicken/ pork/ tofu ( I like to cut up chicken or pork into bite-size pieces and freeze them, so I just have to thaw them before I cook to reduce prep time.)
2. Cut up onion and wax peppers into thin slices. Cut up your choice of mushroom (if you like mushroom)
3. Chop up or press garlic.
4. Fry the fried eggs ahead of time (we're just going to use one pan for less clean up time.)
5. Fry the garlic first to add in aroma before we put in the meat.
6. On high heat, put in the chicken/ pork. Add in the oyster sauce and light soy sauce.
7. Add in the onion first. Then the wax peppers. And the mushrooms go in last. I like my onion and peppers soft, so if you like them crunchy just use less time. Add sugar at the end. Taste and see if you would like to add more Fish Sauce or sugar.
8. Ready to serve and eat. Super easy, aromatic, and very authentic. Bon Appetit.
I hope you enjoy this easy Stir-Fried Chicken and Wax Peppers Recipe. You can support my blog by checking out my list of Thai groceries or other recommended items here. Please let me know how you like this dish!
#ไก่ผัดพริกหยวก #หมูผัดพริกหยวก #thairecipe #thaifood #thaicuisine #easythaicooking #easythairecipe #foodie #orlandofoodie #homecooking #orlando #orlandoflorida #orlandoguide #orlandoblogger #landoftheraisingsons #familyfriendly
#mommyblogger #asianblogger #thaiblogger
Hi, I'm Ketsiree Tury. Let's Connect!
Blogger | Copywriter | Content Strategist
Bangkok bred. Orlando based. Family-Fun, Food & Outings around the Sunshine State 🌅 & Beyond ☕🥐🍱🌸🍵
Facebook: Land of the Raising Sons
Instagram: Land of the Raising Sons
Pinterest: Land of the Raising Sons
Store: Land of the Raising Sons